love is a funny thing. it is an intensely personal yet universal thing. it has a thousand definitions, and not one of them gets it exactly right. it is a feeling. it is an experience. it is inside of us and yet elusive. we desire it yet fear it. it is the cenrtal experience of our lives, and yet it remains a mystery.
you and i can make the entire world jealous
you are one of the best things that has ever happened to me
some people are easy to get over. they
only take a day or two, but sooner or later
you`ll find the one who has changed
everything about you, and no matter how
hard you try, you can`t find the words to
Don't you hate that? Uncomfortable silence.
Why do we feel it's necessary to talk about bull in order to feel comfortable?
That's when you know you've found somebody really special.
When you can just shut the hell up for a minute and comfortably share a silence
The best smell in the world is that man that you love.
"Don't let your yesterdays take up too much of today."
Throughout your life you'll meet one guy unlike any other. you can talk to him whenever you're bored, tell him anything and never be judged. A best friend, a boyfriend, a true love.
Everyone feels a little invisible sometimes.
“Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”- Shakespeare
"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
100 reminders to live by...
100 reminders (long but worth reading!)
1. make the best of bad situations.
2. look people in the eye.
3. learn to play a musical instrument.
4. be the first to say 'hello'.
5. be forgiving of yourself & others.
6. treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
7. make new friends but cherish the old ones.
8. keep secrets.
9. take lots of snapshots.
10. dont postpone joy.
11. never give up on anybody. miracles happen everyday.
12. surprise loved ones with little unexpected gifts.
13. live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, & integrity, they think of you.
14. admit your mistakes.
15. make it a habit to do nice things for people who'll never find out.
16. always have something beautiful in sight, even if it's just a neighbourhood flower in a jelly glass.
17. think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures.
18. smile a lot. it costs nothing and is beyond price.
19. learn to listen. opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
20. when someone is realting an important event that happened to them, don't try to top them with a story of your own. let them have the stage.
21. never deprive someone of hope. it might be all they have.
22. when playing games with children, let them win.
23. skip one meal a week & give what you would have spent to charity.
24. strive for excellence, not perfection.
25. take time to smell the roses.
26. pray not for things, but for wisdom & courage.
27. be tough-minded but tender-hearted.
28. avoid negative people.
29. be original.
30. never give up on what you really want to do. the person with big dreams is more powerful thanone with all the facts.
31. be kinder than necessary.
32. never be afraid to do things your own way.
33. be romantic.
34. let people know what you stand for - and what you won't stand for.
35. become the most positive & enthusiastic person you know.
36. don't forget that a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
37. show respect to all living things.
38. loosen up. relax. except for rare life & death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
39. commit yourself to constant self-improvement.
40. don't waste time grieving over past mistakes. learn from them & move on.
41. be a good loser.
42. be a good winner.
43. never tell anyone they look tired or depressed.
44. when someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
45. keep your promises.
50. keep it simple.
51. take good care of those you love.
52. learn to show cheerfulness, even when you don’t feel like it.
53. never cut what can be untied.
54. everyday, show your family how much you love them with your words, with your touch, & with your thoughtfulness.
55. beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
56. lie on your back & look at the stars.
57. leave everything a little better than you found it.
58. never underestimate your power to change yourself.
59. never overestimate your power to change others.
60. get in shape & stay that way.
61. don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
62. keep expectations high.
63. accept pain & disappointment as part of life.
64. see problems as opportunities for growth & self-mastery.
65. don’t expect life to be fair.
66. hear both sides before judging.
67. refrain from envy, it’s the source of much unhappiness.
68. don’t delay acting on a good idea. Chances are someone else has just thought of it, too. Success comes to the one who acts first.
69. live your life so that your epitaph could read “no regrets”.
70. be bold & courageous. When you look back on your life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
71. never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
72. evaluate yourself by your own standards, not someone else’s.
73. be there when people need you.
74. don’t let anyone talk you out of pursuing what you know to be a great idea.
75. know when to be silent.
76. know when to speak up.
77. remember that noone makes it alone. Have a grateful heart & be quick to acknowledge those who help you.
78. take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you.
79. pay attention to the details.
80. be loyal.
81. understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on the relationships with people you love & respect.
82. don’t let your possessions possess you.
83. begin each day with your favorite music.
84. be enthusiastic about the success of others.
85. don’t procrastinate, do what needs doing when it needs to be done.
86. do more than expected.
87. don’t allow self-pity. The moment this emotion strikes, do something nice for someone less fortunate than you.
88. make a list of 25 things you want to experience before you die. Carry it in your wallet & refer to it often.
89. every person that you meet knows something you don’t. learn from them
90. laugh a lot. A good sense of humor cures almost all of life’s ills.
91. don’t use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.
92. don’t miss the magic of the moment by focusing on what’s to come.
93. don’t be rushed into making an important decision.
94. don’t make the same mistake twice.
95. become someone’s hero.
96. after you’ve worked hard to get what you want, take the time to enjoy it.
97. take life one step at a time.
98. don’t worry about tomorrow, just make it through today.
99. do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
100. live the present – it’s irreplaceable.
comments are awesome